Well known by those who use it, Hulu is an American company that provides access to a range of TV shows and the app is the only pathway through which Apple users can access their favourite TV shows. The description on iTunes reads as follows: “Your summer is now streaming on Hulu, and there’s plenty of great TV to watch!
All 9 seasons of Seinfeld are now available along with all-new episodes and full seasons of top shows. Plus, for the first time ever, you can add full access to SHOWTIME® directly through Hulu. Get away this summer with unlimited instant streaming of 1000s of shows – anytime, anywhere.”
The Hulu app is equipped with a variety of features including:
- The newest episodes of shows like ‘Empire’ and ‘The Voice’.
- Previous seasons of all-time favourites like ‘Seinfeld’, ‘CSI: Crime Scene Investigation’ and ‘Vikings’ are available at the touch of a button.
- SpongeBob SquarePants, Sesame Street and Hey Arnold! – there’s a lot in it for the kids also.
- The TV shows that you view on your iPad and iPhone can also be linked to your television set, PlayStation 3 and 4, etc. through the in-app remote control
- Connect and watch over Wi-Fi, 3G and 4G net services.
So, what’s new in the latest version?
- The App’s latest version of 4.4.2 is supported by Apple Watch users who can use the Apple Watch as a remote to control the entire experience.
- Lots of improvements in performance and bug fixes.
The Hulu plus app brings a substantially larger library to the iOS users in comparison to the website – obviously with a certain fee that was mentioned beforehand. The users get access to thousands of episodes of hundreds of shows. However there are quite a few loopholes in the library as quoted by aboutTech website, which says that not all of the shows have the entire seasons available online: “For instance, the U.S. version of The Office is missing Season 2 Episode 10 and Season 3 Episode 7, with no notice.” Also, subscribers have to see ads that pop up unnecessarily during the viewing of the TV shows. This can be a huge turn off for many.
However, despite many unpalatable reviews, Hulu Plus comes with a lot of pros – the major one being the videos which are available in 720p HD. The videos are also portable to other devices.